NAA Announces Instructors for Certification/Workshop
October 2, 2012
he National Algae Association has announced the industry instructors lined up for their Commercial Algae Production Certification and Networking Workshop, October 19-20, 2012, at the Hilton Homewood Suites, 29813 I-45 North, in The Woodlands, TX 77381. The event includes a tour of the NAA Test Center.
The preliminary agenda includes:
- Algae Strains – Dr. David Nobles, University of Texas
- Evaluation of Post-Extraction Algal Residue as a Protein Supplement to Grazing Cattle – Dr. Tryon Wickersham, Texas A&M
- Wetlands, Algae and Biogas – a Southern Baltic Sea Eutrophication Counteract – Dr. Inz. Ksawery Kuligowski, University of Gdansk
- A Dynamic Imaging Cell Monitoring System for Real-time Analysis of Algae-to-Biofuel Production – Kent Peterson, Fluid Imaging Technologies
- Commercial Algae Production in Photobioreactors – Dr. Joachim Grill, SEE Algae CEO
- Algae Separation & Concentration Membrane Harvesting Technology Commercialization – Dr. Maria Anez-Lingerfelt, Pall Corp.
- Production of Fuel-grade and/or Food-grade Products from Algae Using Wet Fractionation: Process Development and Engineering Challenges – Dr. Brian Goodall, SRS Energy
- Pathway to Commercialization – Corinne Chears, CBO Financial
- Additional presentations by Riggs Eckelberry, OriginOil; Ernie DeMartino, Evodos; Will Thurmond, Emerging Markets Online; and BARD Holdings
Registration fees for the event are from $250-500, with early-bird pricing extended to October 5. Tour, breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks are included.
For more details, visit www.nationalalgaeassociation.com or call 936-321-1125